Spotted an article in Crain’s NY (Free reg. required) highlighted the new hiring spree going on at many of New York’s advertising agencies.
What really caught my eye was the image associated with the article. It lists Wunderman’s top five “Communication bill of rights for consumers.” A nice foundation for every mass marketer to consider:
1. Tell me clearly who you are, and why you are contacting me.
2. Tell me clearly what you are, or are not, going to do with the information I give you.
3. Don’t pretend that you know me personally. You don’t know me; you know some things about me.
4. Don’t assume that we have a relationship.
5. Don’t assume that I want to have a relationship with you.